361° ‘BEYOND EXPECTATIONS’ AMBASSADOR PROGRAMME HAS ACHIEVED GREATLY. NOW IT’S TIME FOR THE NEXT PHASE.
361° EUROPE LAUNCHED ITS AMBASSADOR PROGRAMME IN 2018. THE FIRST YEAR WAS A HUGE SUCCESS AND NOW THE BRAND IS TO BUILD ON THOSE ACHIEVEMENTS.
At 361° the belief that everyone can do more than they believe they can underpins everything we do. We live by the idea of ‘going beyond expectations’. That is why 361° Europe has committed to building an ambassador team that represents real runners. Real runners are people who define their own standard of success, break down barriers and achieve more than they thought possible.
The Programme in 2018
In March 2018 we launched the Beyond Expectations ambassador programme across Europe. Whilst there is nothing unique about ambassador programmes in themselves, the focus of the 361° programme on the everyday runner is different. Our aim is to inspire as many people as possible to discover the benefits of running. To do that we brought together a group of ambassadors that are relatable to as wide an audience as possible.
In the short time that the Beyond Expectations programme has been in place, we have achieved a number of important milestones:
- We have brought together a group of 34 runners from all over Europe who have been communicating the idea of going beyond your expectations to the people they engage with in person and through their social channels.
- We were also really pleased to be able to bring the ambassador group together in Haarlem, Netherlands (where 361° Europe is headquartered) for a weekend during which they discussed how to inspire more people to get active as well as participating in the Grachtenloop 10km race – many of them going beyond their own expectations.
- We have been able to support the ambassadors in their efforts to train and race, documenting their efforts as a way to inspire their friends, colleagues and followers.
The Future for Beyond Expectations
Having launched the Beyond Expectations ambassador programme and achieved more than even we hoped in 2018, we are excited about the future for the programme.
At the start of 2019, we have been inviting more runners to join the programme. These new ambassadors will help us increase diversity in the group as well as reach more people with the message of going beyond expectations. We will be doing a second recruitment wave for our ambassadors in the Summer as we expand our markets in Spain, Finland and more to come.
We are also delighted to announce that 361° Europe will be sponsoring the Haspa Marathon Hamburg from 2019. This is a great race and our involvement further illustrates our commitment to inspiring people to run. It will also provide us with the perfect opportunity for our ambassadors together to take part in the race and also think about how together we can inspire more people to go beyond expectations.
Johanna Krull-Staude, 361° Europe Marketing Manager, said: “Launching the Beyond Expectations ambassador programme in 2018 has been a huge success. As a brand, we believe in connecting with runners and inspiring them to go further, faster or run in different places – to go beyond their expectations. The ambassadors we have in the programme are the embodiment of that ethos. And we are excited to see how the programme develops in its second year.”
Ambassador Marie-Louise Kertzman @marielouise_triathlon said “I love being a 361° ambassador, because at 361° the emphasis is on achieving your own goals, and beating your own expectations. It isn't about comparing yourself to others. I am motivated to go beyond expectations because I so passionately want to show other people that they can do it too! I hope it inspires others to take action and have the self-belief to push their own boundaries.”
To find out more, visit the ambassador section of our website, where you can discover some of our running ambassadors for yourself (https://www.361europe.com/en/ambassador)
FURTHER READING •
To read more about 361° Europe: www.361europe.com/en/about • For more on the Beyond Expectations’ ambassador programme: www.361europe.com/en/ambassador
KEY FACTS 361°,
- launched in 2003, 361° is one of China’s biggest sports brands
- The Beyond Expectations ambassador programme covers the whole of Europe
- 361° will be a sponsor of the Haspa Marathon Hamburg for 2019
For more information or for any enquiries, please contact:
- Johanna Krull-Staude, 361° – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simon Freeman, Freestak – email@example.com, +44 (0) 7590 115900